ESTA US Visa Requirements
Get detailed information on US/American visa requirements and eligibility criteria at US Visa Online. Here you can get complete details that you must know before applying for an American visa.
Visiting the United States was once perceived as a complicated process. However, things have changed in recent times. Various people from different countries can now visit the US without dwindling on the tiresome process of applying for The United States Visitor Visa. Now, you can easily travel to the country by applying for a US Electronic System Travel or US ESTA. This system waives the American Visa and helps you in coming to the US via air (both chartered or commercial flights included), land, or sea. The convenience with which ESTA works can really amaze you in many aspects.
In its true sense, the purpose of an ESTA US Visa is the same as that of an American Visa. However, the processing of applications is much faster as compared to the American Visa application. Also, the ESTA is handled online and hence you can expect the results in a quicker time frame.
After being accepted, your ESTA for the United States will be connected to your passport and be valid for a maximum of two (2) years from the date of issue, or for a shorter amount of time if your passport expires earlier than two years. It can be used frequently to enter the country for brief stays of up to 90 days. However, keep in mind that the precise length of your stay will be determined by the reason for your trip and stamped on your passport by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents.
But first of all, you must confirm that you meet all conditions for the US ESTA, which qualifies you for the ESTA for the United States.
US ESTA American Visa Reuiqrements
You will only be eligible for the ESTA US Visa if you are a citizen of one of the nations that are allowed for the US ESTA category. The United States only allows certain foreign citizens to visit the country without a Visa but on the US ESTA. You must meet the following criteria to meet all ESTA US American Visa requirements:
- Nationals of any of the following nations are exempt from the requirement for a visa: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania (holders of a biometric passport/e-passport issued by Lithuania), Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland (holders of a biometric passport/e-passport issued by Poland), Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
- A British national or a British national living abroad cannot proceed with the US ESTA American Visa application. Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena, or Turks & Caicos Islands are examples of British overseas territories.
- Possesses a British National (Overseas) passport, which the UK issues to individuals who were born, naturalised, or registered in Hong Kong are exempt from the US ESTA.
- A British Subject or one who has a British Subject passport that grants the holder the right to stay in the United Kingdom does not qualify under the US ESTA American Visa requirements.
Check out the detailed list below. Note that if the country you are living in is not on this list, you may easily apply for the United States Visitor Visa.
ESTA American Visa application requirements
Your passport will be used to link the US ESTA and the type of passport you have will also influence whether you are permitted to apply for an ESTA for the United States or not. For the US ESTA American Visa application, the following passport holders are eligible:
- People who hold regular passports from nations that are eligible for the US ESTA as per the list.
- Holders of Emergency/Temporary Passports from eligible nations
- Holders of Diplomatic, Official, or Service Passports from eligible countries, unless they are excused from applying at all and can travel without the ESTA.
If you do not have the appropriate documentation with you, you cannot enter the United States even if your ESTA for the United States has been approved. The most significant of these required documents for entry into the United States is your passport, which a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer will stamp with the dates of your stay.
Other Conditions for US ESTA American Visa Applications
You must have the following in order to apply for a US ESTA online:
- A debit or credit card to pay the ESTA application fees;
- A passport;
- Contact, work, and travel information;
If you are eligible and meet all the other requirements for a US ESTA, you can easily apply for one and travel to the US. You should be aware that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) may refuse entry at the border even if you have a valid US ESTA but fail to show all of your documents. At the time of entry, the border officials will thoroughly check your passport and other essential papers. In case you pose any health or financial risks; if you have a criminal or terrorist past; or if you have had prior immigration problems, your entry can be barred.
You should be able to apply online for the US ESTA American Visa very quickly if you have all the necessary paperwork prepared. Things will proceed quickly if you satisfy all requirements for eligibility in the ESTA for the United States. The ESTA Application Form is straightforward to complete.
You may get support and advice from our helpdesk if you need any help, guidance, or explanations. We will be happy to help you out.
When it comes to the US, it boasts some of the best ski resorts in the world. If you are ready to hit the slopes, this is the place to start! In today’s list, we will be checking out the very best American ski destinations to help you draft the ultimate skiing bucket list. Learn more at The Top Ski Resorts In The USA
Applying for US ESTA American Visa is a quite straightforward process. However, leaving nothing to chance, there are a few preparations that mandate the ESTA US Visa Application Process.