USA Visa Waiver Program
The U.S. Congress established the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) in 1986. The program's objectives were to facilitate more short-term tourist and business travel and to lighten the workload placed on regional U.S. State Department personnel in handling tourist visa applications.
The program has expanded over time to incorporate additional member nations and greater travel restrictions.
ESTA US Visa is an electronic travel authorization or travel permit to visit United States for a period of time upto 90 days and visit this amazing marvel in New York, United States. International visitors must have a US ESTA to be able to visit United States many attractions. Foreign citizens can apply for an US Visa Application in a matter of minutes. ESTA US Visa process is automated, simple, and completely online.
What makes a country eligible to join the Visa Waiver Program?
- Nations that fall under the category of sovereign states
- High-Human Development Index countries (HDI)
- Countries with which the United States exchanges security information
- Countries with a good standard of living
- Countries that track lost or stolen passports and those with low levels of passport fraud
- With electronic biometric passports, countries with tight criteria for passport security
- Countries with few immigration law violations and few citizens who overstay their visas
- Low-rejection nations—those with a non-immigrant visa denial rate of less than 3%, as defined in Section 217(c)— (2)(A)
- Countries that have developed reliable institutions for border control, law enforcement, and other security-related activities in an effort to reduce domestic crime and terrorism
A city with more than eighty museums, with some dating as far back as the 19th century, a look of these wonderful masterpieces in the cultural capital of the United States. Learn about them in Must See Museums of Art & History in New York
Countries eligible for the USA Visa Waiver Program
Home to more than four hundred national parks spread across its fifty states, no list mentioning most astonishing parks in the United States may ever be complete. Learn about them in Travel Guide to Famous National Parks in USA
Countries removed and/or being vetted to join the Visa Waiver Program
What do citizens of eligible USA Visa Waiver Program countries need to do when visiting the U.S.?
In order to travel to the United States for short periods of time for leisure, business, transit, or medical care, citizens of VWP nations must have an approved ESTA or Electronic System for Travel Authorization. In order to electronically process online requests for travel authorizations from nationals of VWP countries, ESTA was established in 2008.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can pre-screen travellers against terrorist and no-fly lists. At the same time, an application is still live in the system by receiving an online application. The ESTA regulations must be fully complied with by travellers for their application to be granted.
Important information about ESTA
- An ESTA is a visa waiver, not a visa.
- Whether you are arriving by plane or cruise ship, you must have the ESTA.
- Although there are ongoing assessments of an applicant's eligibility for admission after the ESTA is granted, approval of the ESTA does not ensure admission.
- For a period of 90 days, the ESTA may be utilised for travel, business, transit, medical, and other purposes. With the ESTA, visitors are able to do both business and tourist without needing to apply for a visa. All 50 U.S. states and U.S. territories, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in the Caribbean, accept the ESTA for entry.
- Those who intend to apply for an ESTA should try to do so at least 72 hours before their planned departure for the United States. Before boarding an air or marine vessel for the United States, a traveller must have their ESTA.
- An ESTA is valid for two years after it has been approved, or until the expiration date of the passport, whichever comes first.
- Application for a B2 tourist visa or a B1 business visa may still be possible for ESTA applicants who were rejected.
- To enter the United States, children and newborns must each submit an ESTA application and have it approved.
Anyone who has visited Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011, or who is currently or previously a dual-citizen of Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria, may no longer be eligible for ESTA. If their ESTA request is rejected, they should think about requesting a visa to travel to the United States.
Known as the the cultural, commercial and financial center of California, San Francisco is home to America’s many picture-worthy locations, with several places being synonymous as the image of the United States for the rest of the world. Learn about them in Must See Places in San Francisco, USA
Check your eligibility for US Visa Online and apply for US Visa Online 72 hours in advance of your flight. British citizens, Spanish citizens, French citizens, Japanese citizens and Italian citizens can apply online for ESTA US Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our helpdesk for support and guidance.