US Business Visa Requirements, Business Visa Application
If you are an international traveller and seeking to visit the United States for business (B-1/B-2), then you may apply to travel to the USA for less than 90 days. This is done by getting the Business Visa US free of cost as per the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), given that you meet the desired conditions. Know this and much more on this page.
The United States is one of the most significant and steady economic powers in the world. The US has the highest GDP globally and the second-largest PPP. With a GDP per capita of $68,000 as of 2021, the United States presents a wide range of prospects for seasoned investors and entrepreneurs who are running their businesses successfully in their home countries and are interested in expanding or starting a new business in the USA. You could decide to take a quick trip to the US to look into potential new company ventures. For that, you would need to know US business visa requirements and Visa Waiver Program.
The Visa Waiver Program or the ESTA US Visa is open to passport holders from 39 countries (Electronic System for System Authorization). Business travellers typically prefer the ESTA US Visa because it can be applied online, involves no preparation and does not call for a trip to the US embassy or consulate. It enables visa-free travel to the USA. While an ESTA US Visa may be utilised for a business trip, permanent residence or employment is not permitted. Unfortunately, you will have to submit a new application if your biographical or passport information is incorrect. Additionally, the applicable charge must be paid for each new application that is submitted.
In case your ESTA US Visa application is rejected by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), you can still apply for the B-1 or B-2 categories of Business Visa US. However, there is a catch. When you apply for a B-1 or B-2 American business Visa, you may not travel visa-free and you are also barred from appealing the decision of your ESTA US Visa rejection.
Read more about US Business Visa requirements
If you are en eligibile business traveller to the USA, you may look forward to completing the ESTA Visa Application process in just a few minutes. Interestingly, the entire ESTA US Visa process is completely automated and takes no time at all.
Criteria for considering someone as a business visitor to United States?
The following situations will result in your classification as a business visitor:
- You are temporarily in the country to o attend business conventions or meetings to expand your company;
- You want to invest in the country or negotiate contracts;
- You want to pursue and deepen your business relationships.
- You are permitted to stay in the United States for up to 90 days as a business traveller on a short-term visit
Although residents of Canada and Bermuda often do not need American Business Visa to conduct short-term business, in some cases a visa may be needed.
What opportunities exist for business in the United States?
The top 6 business opportunities in the US for immigrants are listed below:
- Corporate Immigration Consultant: many American businesses rely on immigrants for top talent
- Affordable Elderly Care Facilities: with an aeging population and a constantly changing business environment in the United States,
- Ecommerce distribution- Ecommerce is a booming field in USA and shows a growth of 16% since 2016,
- International Consultancy- consulting company would help other companies keep up and manage these changes in regulations, tariffs, and other uncertainties
- Salon Business- this is also a good field with a good bit of potential for people who have a knack
- Remote Integration company for workers- you may help SMBs in integrating security and other protocols for managing their remote employees
The following criteria must be met in order to qualify as a business visitor:
- • You will have to stay in the country for up to 90 days or less;
- • You have a successful business operating outside the United States;
- • You do not intend to be a part of the American labour market;
- • You have a valid passport;
- • You are financially secure and can support yourself for the duration of your stay in Canada;
- • You have return tickets or can demonstrate your intention to leave the United States before your trip ends;
Know more about business visa requirements- Read our full ESTA US Visa Requirements
What activities are permitted while visiting the United States for business or for getting American Business Visa?
- Consulting with business partners
- Negotiating contracts or placing orders for commercial services or items
- Project sizing
- Participating in brief training sessions offered by your American parent company while working outside of the United States
It is a good idea to bring the necessary documentation with you when you travel to the USA for a Business Visa US. A Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agent may interrogate you at the port of entry about the activities you have planned. A letter from your job or business partners on their letterhead could be used as supporting documentation. Additionally, you must be able to describe your itinerary in full.
Activities not permitted while visiting the United States on business
If you are visiting the country as a business traveller with an ESTA US Visa, you may not participate in the labour market. This means that you are not permitted to engage in paid or gainful employment, study as a business guest, obtain permanent residency, accept compensation from a US-based company, or deny an employment opportunity to a US resident worker.
How can a business visitor enter the United States and fulfil Business Visa requirements?
Depending on the nationality of your passport, you will either require an ESTA US Visa (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) or the US visiting visa (B-1, B-2) to enter the country for a brief business trip. The following nations' nationals are qualified to apply for an ESTA US Visa with other US business Visa requirements.
Check your eligibility for US Visa Online and apply for US Visa Online 72 hours in advance of your flight. British citizens, Spanish citizens, French citizens, Japanese citizens and Italian citizens can apply online for Electronic US Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our US Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.